Out of Whack Morning Routine

What's up loves,

So I humbly submit this post convicting myself of a terrible morning routine. This topic has challenged me to come up with a solution to my current problem at hand... Sleep and terrible morning preparations. Lately, I have been going to sleep around 3 a.m. or later, waking up at the nic of time, and leaving for my 8 a.m. I started out the school year strong, preparing my day the night before, but now I wake up and fumble through clothes, then grab coffee when I arrive to my campus cafe. Terrible! I know it's all just bad.. But here's my solution.


So the first issue is SLEEP:

Of course, I've set a new bedtime: 10:30. Taking it back to jr. high. Clutter bothers me for some reason, so staying on top of my living space. Also my eating habits, I feel as though the times that I eat (or don't) is interfering with my ability to sleep. I am going to try to eat dinner by 4 p.m., and drink a gallon of water a day. There was a time when I could drink a gallon a day by 9 p.m. with no problem, I've been slacking so badly. My plant based diet and genetics has caused a sensitivity and lack of iron in my system, causing me to be tired and cold all of the time. The result of this has been naps, lots of naps. I currently have Mondays off, so I wake up around 2 p.m. some days. I'm ashamed to admit, but it's obvious that my sleep schedule is trash. So foods high on iron are a necessity as well.

Hopefully these routines and changes will help improve my sleep.


The second issue is my night routine:
All I have been doing is Shower, brush my teeth, wrap my hair, Netflix, then sleep (which is actually hours of scrolling on social media and listening to music until I pass out). So I figure if I get my clothing prepared the night before, pamper myself more often, start to paint my nails again or something, it's get me excited for the next day. idk, quick little gesture to get back into a routine.

The third issue is Breakfast:
I was considering freezing some of my fruits, and getting them prepared for a morning smoothie, then making a huge glass of water with lime infused, then set in next to my nightstand for when I wake up. And then ginger tea. I think these are some good ideas. Until further notice, i'll be on the look out for good solutions for my problem.

Comments

Popular Posts