Expand Your Life!

So today I saw the view from the top of a mountain for the first time. I went hiking on Stone Mountain here in Georgia! My friend Tuan invited me to his routine workout. He chooses hiking over the gym because it motivates him more. And I see exactly what he means! Hiking really pushes you, it's definitely an experience you cannot speak on until you try it. The nature of hiking is so rewarding, it was an interesting little journey for me.


7:45 a.m. (with a snapchat filer)


So Tuan has gotten used to hiking by now, going on a regular bases, but little old me? I was struggling ðŸ˜‚.

Baaaby, struggling! But I made it. I could tell I was slowing him down, so that was a little mental push for me, not to throw off his mojo too much. A new time hiker is so easy to spot supposedly. I met two Nigerian practitioners who motivated me up a very steep part of the mountain. I tried to stop and they were like "Oh no, you've got it. You can do it, you're doing good. I know car if you need it". I couldn't tell if I was red from being out of breath or from blushing, but they helped me through it, then one of the gentleman told me "Now look back and look at the view, see what you just did". The view was so beautiful. I was so proud of myself. But nothing was more satisfying than seeing the top of the mountain, especially after I almost gave up from the steepness of the very top. 

My heart skipped a beat a few times on this hike, one time being when Tuan thought he saw a bee but it was actually a drone, the rest of them being from the adventure itself. So I found out that I'm actually slightly, kinda afraid of heights lol.. Who would've known, rollercoasters and the ferris wheel have noting on nature. I even zip-lined through the jungle, and I never felt the amount of anxiety I felt  looking down at miles of steep rock. But after a while I realized, the outcomes that I was fearing, were really just magnified in my head. I was fine, and I made it through. So after experiencing that, now I want to get through it without the many struggles I encountered. So you know what, challenge accepted Stone Mt.


Here's my snap story!




So if you guys want to know what I decided to eat when I got back to the crib heres the ingredients:


Totally random smoothie of my left over fruit from this morning:
  • grapes
  • strawberries
  • kiwi
  • blue berries
  • banana
  • almond milk
  • blue agave
  • a little bit of pineapple juice (just a bunch of random stuff ðŸ˜‚)

Wrap (mainly made of leftovers)
  • spinach wrap: toasted
  • lettuce
  • sliced cucumber
  • sliced tomatoes
  • a little pepper
  • guacamole (of course)
  • basil 
  • a little oregano
  • tahini sauce
  • and left over brown rice that I mixed with onions, bell pepper, and homemade vegetable broth
And a salad.


Comments

Popular Posts