The Misinterpretation of Megan

I've learned a lot within the last few years through observation, becoming aware and living my life with intention and understanding. And I've learned a lot about how people think.

Here in America, us Americans seem to have some problems within our character development. And that is the habit of judgment. Now, this habit is encouraged by the development of civilization *cough*colonialsm**. We've grown accustomed to stereotypes, and expectations, and roles within our "civilizations". And when people don't fit these specific roles, we chastise them. I've grown up here, so I've done this before. I've even placed these roles onto myself as a result. But once I switched my perspective around to something more self-aware and became more connected spiritually, I've dropped a lot of external ways of thinking.

I recently came across some hazing towards Megan Thee Stallion on social media.



This moment stuck with me so much, that every time I saw her on social media, I became filled with words and thoughts. I knew I had to write about it.

The Hazing:

So I was surprised to see the comment posted onto this particular page because I had recently added him around that time, and I usually add people who feed positive energy onto my feed. Which he has before. But when this came up, and when I responded, he showed a side to him that is a reflection of our culture and society today. Also, he unadded me for simply responding ðŸ˜‚.

He mentioned that he was just playing, but he passionately argued me on this subject, and it revealed some toxic mentalities. 


1. Hyper-Masculinity: So he chose to argue her name, against something that men created back in the day, of which he was aware of I'm sure. To be technical about the meaning, and to pick at her image, so that he had the opportunity to call her a tranny. Megan makes him uncomfortable. Now at this point, I'm not just talking about him, I'm talking about the average misogynist (Common amongst men, and our African American brothers too). 

Megan's lyrics and demeanor makes him uncomfortable because she intentionally breaks the standards and the norm of the perception of women. She's not submissive, she's not weak, she speaks about how she treats her relationships and the men she dates, in the same nature that men speak about women in rap culture today. But one thing she is, that is prevalent, is that she is still feminine. I'm not talking about the stereotype of femininity, where she shuts up and stays in the kitchen, and dresses conservative (which she can & has while getting her degree)... I'm talking about embracing her womanhood, and her feminine nature from her own standards. She uses power through a demeanor of self-ownership, and that make misogynist very uncomfortable. So the best cop-out to make them feel comfortable again, is to call her a tranny. Kind of like Caster Semenya and her story. It sheds a light on some insecurities if you ask me.

Read my article on Caster Semenya

2. Narcissism and the Manifestation of Social Norms: So it's no secret that the founders of these corporations known as The USA, and all of these other colonial societies are all extremely narcissistic. Like narcissism should be all of their middle names, and their descendants (for example the president). But they've created a frequency that generates off of their shallow and low vibrational intentions. External value is higher in our societies, we idolize shallow people who are obviously broken, but because we see them as beautiful on the outside, we pour so much energy and attention towards them. Eventually, they make a bunch of money through us, and they gain more external energy drainage through the access of materials, and they feed us the image of a life "worth living", it's a neverending circle of emptiness. Literally, nothing is done with true intentions, or good ones.

It doesn't matter how "woke" you are, or how sleep you are, as a habit, we tend to follow some pretty narcissistic stereotypes, that are often times in the favor the colonials and their offsprings. Stereotypes against white people came as retaliation and adjustment towards that frequency of thinking. We judge everything as if we're perfect. Honestly, that's pretty childish to me. You expect a child to be nieve to diversity because they haven't lived life oftentimes to see how others live, life through different perspectives (especially here in America where we often times only know one language coming out of high school: English at its bare minimum). You expect a kid to react without being able to cooperate, and to run from things that make them uncomfortable or insecure, or to be scared of the things they know nothing about... And as a result, to react out of aggression (physical or verbal). And although we can expect that from kids, we see that with many adults today.

For example: The guy called her a tranny, knowing nothing about her personality, her upbringing, her life experiences (or life-changing experiences), her mindset, her energy, or her purpose. Nope, he just wanted to call her a man, to make himself and others alike feel better. And to get a few laughs and pats on the back. This kind of negative energy projected onto strangers is toxic. I don't care how passionate he was about the psychology of the word "stallion", he knew better. He knew why she referred to herself as a stallion, he knew where the origins came from. He was being one of those "technical assholes", who manipulate context to their benefit. He was also in the mood to debate, so we see his angle. He had energy draining intentions going on at that moment.

Some Moments with Megan:











Megan is actually a good ass person.


Now I'm not calling this guy that I don't know beyond facebook a misogynistic narcissist. But I am saying that this guy, as well as many others,  can often be subject to very draining ways of thinking and communicating. I've also fell victim in the past. But one thing I've learned is that you can't do anything without intentions, and you should strive to be a contribution to the shared spirits here on this plane, and to only meet resistance where it's met. Because face it, being a bully is a very ugly look. Especially when you bully someone with a good heart.



So here's a video I watched about Megan, and there are some good points as far as the psychology behind Megan's place in the industry. Keep in mind this girl has a different perspective of life than me, so our ways of processing things do differ, but I agree with some of her comments for sure.



Another notable moment where black women identified their own femininity in media:

Mara Brock Akil created the show "Girlfriends"












Popular Posts